Thinking of moving out this way, have a few questions.

Discussion in 'General chat' started by Ryan, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Ryan

Ryan New Member

Ratings:
    +17
    I currently live in Stephens City VA and I just sold my house. I work in Reston in NoVa in Loudon County and commute there everyday.

It's just me and my Dog for now. I'm a Computer Programmer.

I've been considering having a house built (Rambler, ranch + basement) on available lots in either Shannondale or Harpers Ferry on up closer to Rt 9. I want to live in the mountains near the river, with good views, lakes etc and have a place where I can ride Quads, go karts, dirt bikes, and still be able to get to work in less than an hour in non peak hours.

I don't leave my house till about 8:20 and arrive at the office after 9, so I'm not too concerned with traffic, etc and I use the dulles greenway and pay the tolls and will continue to do so.

Questions (Shannondale)

1. Does Shannondale have city sewer/water available or all wells and septic does anything on the mountain have city water/sewer (even in Harpers Ferry?)

2. Is Comcast Internet available in the area or decent non satellite based internet, so I can telecommute over VPN for work when I need to (snow/bad weather)?

3. Are there community fees to living in Shannondale (Like hoa fees etc?)

4. Can you ride quads anywhere in Shannondale to get around or have fun?

5. Who is the lake open to, and for what purposes (boats, jet skis etc?).

Or if someone can point me to literature to read up on these things, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Log in or sign up to view 21 replies.