I've recently been experimenting with yet another anti spambot mod, which wasn't working quite right. During testing I decided to bite the bullet and sit down and remove/upgrade several modifications that I've been neglecting for a while now.
Hopefully end users won't see anything different, but if you notice anything broken please let me know.
Due to recently enacted anti-spambot measures on our server, we lost our email functionality for about 2-3 weeks. I'm hoping it's fixed now. We had to set up a new smtp address so forum mail should eventually start coming from it - [email protected] - rather than my catch-all [email protected].
Anyone that tried to register recently and couldn't just email me ([email protected]
A slew of recent Chinese hackers precipitated a glitch in the server and we were down overnight for a large part of the US. Should be working now.
Updated to the latest vbulletin 4.2.1 "143 bug fixes, improvement requests, and feature requests", but really I don't see any great new features.
I finally got the time to update us to the current version 4.2. No new features except perhaps the Activity Stream. Right now the stream is empty; I guess it's waiting for some new stuff to include.