Thread: Trick or Treating

Thanks

Default Trick or Treating

What night is Shannondale doing trick or treating? I would think it would be Saturday night, but just want to confirm....Thanks in advance...

2. Bloomery Plantation Distillery
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

There is the alternative party at the MCC . . .
    “I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights. "Yertle the Turtle and Other Stories"” by Dr. Seuss

Thanks

I was told it is on saturday from 6-8pm. I think that it starts about 1/2 hour earlier and usually people with toddlers start then and then the older kids start heading out at 6.
    "Criticizing others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

Thanks
    Thanked 2,857 Times in 1,423 Posts
    Blog Entries

Fyi Shannondale

Shannondale
    Info on the Nation of Neighbors website.

All the Blue Ridge
    MCC-come before, during or after T & Ting 4PM till.
    Don't CLOWN around! Join us NOW and get involved in YOUR Blue Ridge Mountain Community!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default I'm curious...

So why does Shannondale not do (except perhaps this year) what seems logical: 'trick or treat' on Halloween?
    "What can you ever really know of other people's souls - of their temptations, their opportunities, their struggles?" - C.S. Lewis

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Question My Uneducated Guess

One contributing factor is likely the high percentage of "Ironman Commuters" in the area. Normal T&Ting time would be half over by the time many returned home from work.

Incidentally, that's another strike against T&Ting on the Blue Ridge Mountain's roads, particularly on work nights. Commuter frenzy doesn't take a holiday on Halloween While citizens groups like the SSP do an admirable job, they can't be everywhere.

Thanks

Dark+no sidewalks+we is getting older and more night blind = not good trick or treat area.
    “Life is made up, not of great sacrifices or duties, but of little things, in which smiles, and kindnesses, and small obligations, given habitually, are what win and preserve the heart and secure comfort”

Humphrey Davy quotes (English chemist 1778-1829)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

That definitely makes sense, thanks Willis.

In a somewhat related story, while driving today I was listening to WTOP (103.5fm) and caught the tail end of a report that said West Virginia is the most "sleep-deprived" state. The commute many of us have no doubt would explain much of that.
    Getting home late and waking up early seems to be the theme of our panhandle area, but I wonder why the rest of WV isn't sleeping...

Thanks

Cool Mrs Shelton

I havent seen any information on trick or treating times. Are we having neighborhood watch this year. They do a great job and hope they are going to be out again this year again. I am also correct to assume that it will be on Saturday night??? Sounds like a dumb question, but, well ya never know!!!!! ANY ONE KNOW!!!???

Thanks

Why WV is the most sleep deprived state:

The hunting and fishing is better in the middle of the night?

Driving home drunk takes longer on the John Deere (until I moved here, I never saw this phenomenon before)....

The state of WV's WalMarts put the 2 week old meat in the dumpsters at 3 a.m.

Just some thoughts...intended to be jokes.

We've never had trick or treaters, but we have been going to the MCC party, and it should be fun this year
    A little knowledge that acts is worth infinitely more than much knowledge that is idle.
    -Kahlil Gibran

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashelt View Post
    I havent seen any information on trick or treating times. Are we having neighborhood watch this year. They do a great job and hope they are going to be out again this year again. I am also correct to assume that it will be on Saturday night??? Sounds like a dumb question, but, well ya never know!!!!! ANY ONE KNOW!!!???

Thanks

Johnnycake is THE PLACE TO BE, they get tons of traffic and fun costume watching! Tons of great houses, big socializing - fun. Also, get into Charlestown on the Main drag to see that cool Halloween house. And the neighborhoods near the cemetary and park are awesome for trick or treating. Also, Harpers Ferry (old town part) are great.

We will be doing ALL, plus the party at the MCC before and after if we can.
    "A mind is a terrible thing to close!" - ME

"Life's a journey, not a destination.." and "Dream on, Dream on, Dream until your dreams come true!" by the great Steven Tyler of Aerosmith.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." by Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cwj View Post
    Getting home late and waking up early seems to be the theme of our panhandle area, but I wonder why the rest of WV isn't sleeping...
    They're up all night worrying that the environmentalists are going to kill their coal mining jobs.