Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: accident on mission road?????

Thanks

Default accident on mission road?????

whats going on on mission road. three cop cars - at least one was sherriff) and at least 3 fire trucks. trafficc blocked. anyone know whats up?

2. Mountain Lake Club
    Thanks

It could've been the accident I heard on the scanner... the one where they flew a 6 yr. old girl out from Blue Ridge Elem. Scanner said it was a single car wreck into a tree -again at Mission Tab. church- the driver (30 yr. old w/history of epilepsy - which could explain the reason for the wreck??) and another 9 yr. old boy were taken by ambulance I guess to Jeff. Memorial. Not sure of the extent of their injuries. The 6 yr. old girl was unresponsive - flown out by chopper.
    I did, however, hear shortly after that about another MVA on Mission Rd., but I didn't get any details on that one.

Thanks

I bet it was what Subie was talking about...it was a one care crash, a Honda Element into a tree...we were stuck on Rt 9, trying to turn onto Mission.....anyone have any updates?

Thanks

None yet. I was going to check the newspaper tomorrow. I'm kind of surprised no one has posted anything here about it.

Thanks

hubby was stuck on rt 9 as well and he had called me from the cell phone to see if i had heard anything on the board. thats when i posted. he got through about 15 minutes later and was home shortly after that. he says he thinks it occurred near where the last one car crash into tree happened but we never heard anything more about it either.

most of the board was still out with the expedition at the springs on this side of whatever happened PLUS it was so nice that most people were out and about so maybe thats why we never heard anything more.
    "Go at it boldly, and you'll find unexpected forces closing round you and coming to your aid." -Basil King

Thanks

did it happen on mission road? and was it near the same tree as the last car into tree? can you confirm???

Thanks

It is on the same turn, I saw the Element and it took the tree in the direct center of the car. Does anyone know of the well being of the occupants of the car? I've found nothing online.

Thanks

i tell ya what, that turn dont look too bad but it is over a slight bump and i can see it being a little scarey if you arent going the speed limit or have full control. ever since the NYE accident, i have been extra cautious on that curve.

anyway, does anyone know what colour the element was? i have friends who own one and am curious. i guess i'll give them a call later.

Thanks

It was a copper/ penny color.
    Whoever said laughter is the best medicine has never had an STD.

Thanks

I guess Saturday was just a plain day traffic day! Got stuck on Mission Road by Cogle's house - cops and fire trucks and ambulances whizzing by - wasn't surprised by the accident being so close to the NYE accident scene. I though that maybe someone had tried to pull out fron the church parking which forced the Honda Element to veer left ... ??? Just a bad curve or folks driving too fast?

Then, later on in the afternoonon on my way to Frederick, got stuck in 340 traffic again as there was a serious head-on accident at the end of the bridge right at the Maryland line.

Could have been the nice weather distracting drivers???

Thanks

That bridge is very distracting...Too much to look at.
    So where was this first accident? Mission Rd? RT.9?
    My, what a pretty glass house you live in...
    "...those who plow evil and those who sow trouble reap it."

Thanks

Leprechaun-

Which Cogle house were you stopped by? Was it mine?

Thanks

Right across from the Mission Tabernacle Church parking lot.
    I assume the Element was heading from Rt. 9 down towards Gate 1 etc. - went off the road to the left about 20 feet into the woods and slammed into a tree ('bout the diameter of a telephone pole).

What I found funny ... both accidents were never completely cleared before allowing traffic to proceed. Both cases I got to see a wrecked vehicle - which in a sick way - made up for having to sit in the backed up traffic. Is this the new model being used by the authorities?

Thanks

A Cogle house right across from Mission Tabedrnacle Church?

Thanks

Actually, there's a guy who I think does contracting - Cogle Contracting [maybe Coogle's (sp], even has bob-cat earth mover in the front yard. About a hundred yards or two from MT church. Was you wearin' blue jeans and a white tank tee? That was me in the SUV!

Thanks

I was the one in blue jeans and pink tank top. My uncle has the contracting business. The house the bobcat was parked in front of is my cousins and I live right across the street in the cream colored house with the red porch and the log cabin playhouse out back on the hill.

Thanks

I kinda thought that was your house April...based on other posts you have made.....so glad you don't have the purple deck any longer! I guess that would have been the previous owners. My kids admire that playhouse everytime we drive by!!

Thanks

We passed the accident at approx. 11:45 before there was any emergency personnel on the scene. There were a few civilians stopped to help. It was a copper Element and my kids said it was one of their friends from Grammy's named ________. I cannot confirm that. The front end was completely smashed in the middle like it hit a tree. I was wondering if the dead deer that is on the right hand side of the road going toward Shannondale had anything to do with it?

Thanks

Someone please edit my post if you are not supposed to name people. I don't know how to edit. Thanks.

Thanks

LAR: The dead deer was already there when I was on my way into the gym ~9:30am.

APRIL1891: Sorry, I had a 50/50 chance (pink or white top). That is definitely a cool playhouse on your property! Perhaps I can rent it from you for the purpose of holding this years Secret St. Patty's Day Leprechaun Keg Party and B-B-Q. You'd be a special invite of course!