Mountain Lake Club

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Report Burglary, Suspicious/Illegal Activity HERE

Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 682 Posts
    Blog Entries

Somewhere in that same thread on Facebook, I thought I saw something about a break in that same day down Gate 4. But I cannot find it.
    I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights. "Yertle the Turtle and Other Stories" by Dr. Seuss

2. Kat's Garden (mod gratis)
    Thanks

Just noticed an L.E. patrol car of some kind driving down gate 4 with his spot light shining around. The vehicle even stopped at my neighbors house across the street from me and spoke with him breifly before returning to his "search." What he was looking for, I have no idea. Anyone know of anything or made a call to L.E. to check out something suspicious in the gate 4/Shenandoah River Dr. area?

Thanks

Pat - Don't know where you're located but I posted about a suspicious truck had parked at corner of Walters Way and Shenandoah about 2 months back. I spoke with the owners of the house and their son said he saw the truck and when he took his dog with him to check it out the truck drove off. Don't know if the search you're talking about happened that far down Gate 4 OR if its related.

Thanks

Thanks cindylu, I don't think the incidents were related. We're right near the intersection of Gate 4 and Mission. This was just last night around 8 o'clock. The officer circled around a few times before heading out. Not sure what it was all about.

Thanks

Possible suspicious activity on White Mule. At least we think it is suspicious. We found three cigarette butts in front of our house. They were about 10 feet from each other almost as if somebody was standing in front of my house pacing back and forth casing the place. We are non smokers so it wasn't us. They were Marlboro product. The night before we discovered the butts my dogs were barking a lot. I am hoping somebody had three butts in their hand and just dropped them out there window while driving by. Any thoughts? Has anyone else had this type of activity near their home?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to michaelandrachel For This Useful Post:

Thomas (03-15-2015)

Thanks

Dirt bike driving at high speeds up and down Lower Clubhouse and surrounding area around 10PM Sat. night. No lights whatsoever. Stopped multiple times at various areas of road, idling for minutes at a time. Motor was turned off and drifted with no power down toward lake at one point. Minutes later, he followed another vehicle back up Lower Clubhouse and passed it at high speed just before the Moonshine intersection. Young male driving with red bandanna wrapped around lower face. Young female on back. Said they were looking for their dog when confronted. But, without any lights on bike and not carrying flashlights, the story doesn't hold much water. Was told to leave area or LE would be called. They came back multiple times. LE was then called.
    "Opportunity is missed by many,
    because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."

9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Pfeifcat For This Useful Post:

Davdu (03-16-2015), Dobbstar (04-08-2015), KatherineA (04-01-2015), Lvethemtn (03-16-2015), michaelandrachel (03-15-2015), Tammye (03-16-2015), Thomas (03-15-2015), Willis (03-15-2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by michaelandrachel View Post
    Possible suspicious activity on White Mule. At least we think it is suspicious. We found three cigarette butts in front of our house. They were about 10 feet from each other almost as if somebody was standing in front of my house pacing back and forth casing the place. We are non smokers so it wasn't us. They were Marlboro product. The night before we discovered the butts my dogs were barking a lot. I am hoping somebody had three butts in their hand and just dropped them out there window while driving by. Any thoughts? Has anyone else had this type of activity near their home?
    FWIW ... yesterday ~ 10:AM ... observed young couple (had never seen before) walking up Mt. Dew smoking cigarettes. Short female long light brown hair, tall male medium long black. Tonight I'll check for cig butts to see what brand.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Davdu For This Useful Post:

michaelandrachel (03-17-2015), Thomas (03-16-2015)

Thanks

Home burglary has occurred on Aerie Lane. As the moon waxes toward full burglaries increase.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

A report on the S&B Facebook group about a burglary of a home under construction. ALL appliances taken from the refrigerator to the hot water heater. No specific location provided. Mentioned Neptune brands and a stainless steel fridge. This HAD to take some time to accomplish. Hopefully,someone saw something.

Update: Apparently, this happened at the small yellow house that is being renovated on Mission Road near the river access road and sort of at the bottom of Gate 2. This is the same place that used to be Grannies Daycare. This is crazy that people evidently did not see anything there. It is such a public spot.
    Last edited by KatherineA; 06-22-2015 at 09:02 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to KatherineA For This Useful Post:

TheChipmunks (06-21-2015)

Thanks

It would help if we knew the location. Someone might have video surveillance near by.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noodle For This Useful Post:

c_and_j (06-21-2015), KatherineA (06-21-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,187 Times in 536 Posts

It would also be helpful to post such things here on S&B instead of just the Facebook page. Not everyone is addicted to Facebook.

"No bastard ever won a War by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country."
    --- George S. Patton

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ClearThunder For This Useful Post:

KatherineA (06-21-2015), Thomas (06-22-2015)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Believe me that is what I preach CT. No location or other helpful information posted even on Facebook yet that I can find

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KatherineA For This Useful Post:

ClearThunder (06-21-2015), Thomas (06-22-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,187 Times in 536 Posts

Kat, I read your reply to my lament in Geek Soup in the private area some time ago, and you're 100% correct. It's a matter of convenience. Someone is already logged there and forgets to log in here. It's spot on.

S&B is, and should always be, the primary posting point. That's why it was created. FB has always been intended to be strictly secondary because FB was conceived as an adjunct to this site --- a way to promote and drive traffic to it, as opposed to the other way around.

Thank You for passing along that FB post about the theft. I would have missed it (and so would a lot of other people) otherwise because I don't do Facebook, and never will. But you shouldn't have had to do that, if you know what I mean. ;-) No offense to the FB poster. But we've got to support S&B first. Our sponsors --- who make this site possible, deserve nothing less than full, 100% participation. That's what they pay for. S&B doesn't get income from Facebook.

Oh. And keep preaching, Kat. You're obviously not alone. ;-)

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ClearThunder For This Useful Post:

KatherineA (06-22-2015), Thomas (06-22-2015)

Thanks

Default Threatened

Sorry for the sloppy organization, but I'm on an older mobile phone. Will make this neater when I get to a computer. Anyway, Today, 6/21/15 at around 8:30pm, my neighbor's dog,who they let run loose, chased the stray cats that we feed on our property. My dad grabbed the dog by its harness (no leash, just a harness) and walked it back towards its owner who was yelling for it across the street. We don't know his name yet, but he is the second house on the right on Shennandoah River Drive (sorry for my poor spelling as well.) My dad told the man that his dog was terrorizing the cats and his reply was "Oh i dont care, they get in my trash all the time." That pissed my dad off, and my dad said "Well if this happens on my property again I will call animal control." Rather than apologize, the guy kept saying "Oh go the h*ll back inside and "have a good time" (I thought this was a strange figure of speech.) He also kept instigating my dad to fight him, and my dad then let him know "Ok you know what, that dog comes on my property again, and I will shoot it." Now my dad loves animals, so i doubt it would come to that,but this guy was being a real ass. Finally he threatened our family: "If you kill my dog, I'll f*cking murder you and your g*dd*mn family! I'll do it silently too, crossbows are silent!" Then we called the police and they finally showed up around 9:45 and took my dad's statement (not on paper just verbally) and went to go talk to the other family. We think they left though, and we cant call the nonemergency police to confirm because they are afterhours now :/. Will update when something happens! This took place on Oakridge Drive (our road) but they live on Shen. River Drive.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ClearThunder View Post
    It would also be helpful to post such things here on S&B instead of just the Facebook page. Not everyone is addicted to Facebook.

Or or they have been blocked because they asked 2 join

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KatherineA View Post
    A report on the S&B Facebook group about a burglary of a home under construction. ALL appliances taken from the refrigerator to the hot water heater. No specific location provided. Mentioned Neptune brands and a stainless steel fridge. This HAD to take some time to accomplish. Hopefully,someone saw something.

Update: Apparently, this happened at the small yellow house that is being renovated on Mission Road near the river access road and sort of at the bottom of Gate 2. This is the same place that used to be Grannies Daycare. This is crazy that people evidently did not see anything there. It is such a public spot.
    I pass this building daily - I live off of Gate 2. However, even if I had seen someone carrying appliances in or out, I would have assumed they were finally doing something with this building.

My next door neighbor is a renter. Shortly after she moved in, her place was robbed. Again, I didn't know her yet, so I would not have thought much of it, if I had seen a van moving things. (we have had 4 sets of renters in 2 years and are used to activity over there).

My main issue here is that I am probably not fully cognizant of what is suspicious activity.

One solution is to get to know my neighbors better; however, most of my immediate neighbors moved here to be left alone, and have made that clear. (or maybe they just don't want to get to know me since I'm one of the "city folk" that moved up here..lol)

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Laur For This Useful Post:

MoeMoe (06-22-2015)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by c_and_j View Post
    Or or they have been blocked because they asked 2 join
    that is simply not true. We have not blocked anyone from joining. 1-2 people have been blocked from the Facebook group, but only AFTER being allowed to join and then they repeatedly broke the rules. I can't think of anyone who was banned from this website since I have been volunteering as Moderator. In fact I can't think of anyone at all who has been booted. I sent you a message. If someone is having difficulty joining please have them contact me

Indeed C-J, if you are one of the 2 that repeatedly broke the rules, then, I guess that is what happened. If you wish to discuss this further please PM me. This is a crime forum and we limit the discussions to crimes and try not to go off on tangents. Thanks!!
    Last edited by KatherineA; 06-23-2015 at 07:28 PM.

Thanks

It's true im proof ��

Harpers Ferry, West Virginia, United States
    Thanks

Driving up Mission yesterday 6/28/15 about 1;30 pm. There were about five cars in a row. The third car in line behind me decided we weren't going fast enough and procceded to pass me and another the car in front of me between gate 1 and lower clubhouse on a double line. Almost hitting oncoming traffic. Causing them to swerve slightly off the road. I followed the two girls to foodway and confronted them on their reckless behavior. they just laughed at me. Apparently their big hurry to foodway was to buy a bunch of beer. Here are the photos of how fast the line of cars were going and their car and their plate number.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Linda Lamm-Trainer For This Useful Post:

Jojack (06-29-2015), KatherineA (06-29-2015)