Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Report Burglary, Suspicious/Illegal Activity HERE

Thanks

Yikes - be sure of your property lines when you start shooting. I saw this story yesterday in the WV Gazette. Two brothers dead.
    http://www.wvgazette.com/News/201401260002

Thanks

Welcome to "Wild, Wild West Virginia!"

Thanks

I spoke with Sergeant Fletcher this morning requesting a stepped up LE presence in our neighborhood, especially in the daytime hours when most of us are at work, in light of the break-ins and robberies that have recently occurred.

He assured me that this would be done and that he would relay the request to the day time shift.

The conversation was brief. I'm not sure how we can guarantee this will actually happen, but I would like to encourage everyone on this website who is concerned about the safety of the their home and their neighborhood to call and request a stepped up presence as well.

This is never going to happen if people don't make it known that we want action.

Sheriff Dougherty; 304-728-3205. (Thank you Willis.)

I asked to speak with Sheriff Dougherty, however, the person answering the phone said I would need to speak with the supervisor on duty. I imagine getting to actually speak with with Dougherty on any matter is a difficult task. I will be calling back next week to try to speak with him directly on this matter anyhow.
    You hang out in the barber shop long enough, you're gonna get your hair cut.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Thomas For This Useful Post:

jenswv1 (01-29-2014), Laur (01-29-2014), oldmandave (01-29-2014), Sidknits (02-02-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,857 Times in 1,423 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas and Melissa View Post
    ...getting to actually speak with with Dougherty on any matter is a difficult task.
    For those who have the luxury of not having to work for a living or who can take time off their jobs occasionally, an excellent way to get to talk one-on-one with the politicos and County potentates is to attend meetings they frequent-particularly Commission meetings, events like the County Fair and public forums at which they are asked to speak. Arriving a few minutes early and hanging around after the meetings conclude are good strategies in corralling your target
    Don't CLOWN around! Join us NOW and get involved in YOUR Blue Ridge Mountain Community!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Willis For This Useful Post:

Thomas (01-29-2014)

Thanks

Separate issue...a friend parked her car down in Milltown by the dam to go kayaking last Sunday and a rock was thrown through her car window, everything stolen. Most people know that the whole area of Milltown and Bloomery Rd are bad news, gangs/pill heads etc. Just thought I would share in case some people are still in a hole somewhere and don't know. I also know from local LE that there is some weird family/clan/cult that wanders down by the river supposedly naked and high, but even the cops are too afraid to approach or do anything about. Nice to know they are there to protect & serve us.....just sayin'

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Amarie128 For This Useful Post:

Joe Z (02-27-2014), KatherineA (02-28-2014), Tammye (02-27-2014), Thomas (02-27-2014)

Thanks

Deliverance??

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Amarie128 View Post
    Separate issue...a friend parked her car down in Milltown by the dam to go kayaking last Sunday and a rock was thrown through her car window, everything stolen.
    When planning to use public access parking areas anywhere particularly along the rivers, Appalachian Trail trailheads, bike paths etc., leave at home the valuables you won't be carrying with you. Don't lock your vehicles and in good weather leave a window open so the criminals won't break a window to gain access.
    We definitely need some video or stills of the nekkid clan though the Polar Vortex may have taken a toll on its unclothed membership.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Willis For This Useful Post:

KatherineA (02-28-2014), longleaf (02-27-2014), Sidknits (02-28-2014)

Harpers Ferry, West Virginia, United States
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Willis View Post
    We definitely need some video or stills of the nekkid clan though the Polar Vortex may have taken a toll on its unclothed membership.
    hahahahahah...
    --Greg

Thanks

All I can think about is "shrinkage"......brrrrr

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WindTherapy View Post
    All I can think about is "shrinkage"......brrrrr
    Hardened steel does not have a very high coefficient of linear deviation due to thermal variation. Sorry if that's not relevant.

Sent from my Tandy 1000 HX

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Amarie128 View Post
    Separate issue...some weird family/clan/cult that wanders down by the river supposedly naked and high, but even the cops are too afraid to approach or do anything about. Nice to know they are there to protect & serve us.....just sayin'
    I find it difficult to believe local law enforcement is afraid. I spent 27 years in law enforcement and we never shied away from giving a good beating to those requesting it.

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to twodogs For This Useful Post:

David57 (02-27-2014), Jojack (03-24-2014), KatherineA (02-28-2014), Sidknits (02-28-2014), TheChipmunks (03-24-2014), Thomas (02-27-2014), Wife v3.0 (02-28-2014), Willis (02-27-2014)

Thanks

Default Report Burglary, Suspicious/Illegal Activity HERE

Wanted to post so that everyone could be aware, came home tonight (Wednesday, March 19th) and noticed side door was pried open, wood chips on the floor, deadbolt was no longer locked. Missing items were some jewelry. Called and made a report. Just wanted to make sure neighbors on Lakeside Drive (and elsewhere) were aware and could keep on the lookout.

copied from original thread - willis

Thanks

Default B

I am reporting vandalism to 289 Highview Road, sometime during the time-period of March 15-23. The window is broken and a rock found in the middle of the living room. Since this is not the first time, clearly the vandal is staking out the house and waiting for it to be empty, and attacking it with rocks at leisure. This is the third time in the past year the house has been vandalized in this fashion during the time the owner is absent. The first time a police report was filled out. The second time the owner just cleaned up the mess and repaired the window. This is the third time. How do you report repeated vandalism like this to the authorities and how do authorities help protect from such incidences?

"Set me free" "There are two freedoms: The false where a man is free to do what he likes; and the true where a man is free to do what he ought." -Charles Kingsley

Thanks

Ministerswife, time to install a "game camera" or some other sort of home surveillance system.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to David57 For This Useful Post:

ministerswife (03-23-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by David57 View Post
    Ministerswife, time to install a "game camera" or some other sort of home surveillance system.
    Thanks for the suggestion; and that’s a good idea except, 1) where to place and point is an issue of reliance depending on where the violators/vandals are standing from the house (more than likely in a vehicle on the road, making distance query—it also looks like they’re using BB Guns ); and 2) finances prohibit the luxury, truly.

Thanks

can someone help me, I wanna start a new thread but for some reason I cant figure it out, im pretty new to this whoke thing. Thanks so much!

Thanks

how about a fake surveillance camera. I like the bold red and white warning sign that comes with this one; http://www.homedepot.com/b/Electrica...s/N-5yc1vZc579 and timers are good also, take a small lamp and put it on the kitchen counter and wire it to a timer, add another to a bed room. http://www.amazon.com/401A-Mechanica...s=light+timers

25. The Following User Says Thank You to David57 For This Useful Post:

ministerswife (03-24-2014)

Thanks

michjason, click on the "Forum" tab at the top of this page, then scroll down threw the subjects on the left, then click on the appropriate one for you. Like "help" for instance. At the top of the page you will see a "post new thread" button, click on that and you will be able to start a new thread.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by michjason View Post
    can someone help me
    Attn: michjason:
    David57 gave some good directions. I'll also direct you to the forum's Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page that you can find by clicking the link HERE as well as the button in the menu bar up top. Experiment-you can't break anything on the forum and any mistakes can be corrected either on your own or with the help of the management