Mountain Lake Club

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Report Burglary, Suspicious/Illegal Activity HERE

Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 470 Posts

Abandoned Car at the Lower Clubhouse Drive DOH Gravel Dump / Parking Area

This car has been sitting there for a while. If nobody has called it in yet, I'll get pictures tomorrow or this weekend and call it in.

OMD

2. Red Cabin Catering (mod gratis)
  3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to oldmandave For This Useful Post:

ClearThunder (07-16-2015), c_and_j (07-16-2015), KatherineA (07-17-2015), Thomas (07-18-2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oldmandave View Post
    Abandoned Car at the Lower Clubhouse Drive DOH Gravel Dump / Parking Area

This car has been sitting there for a while. If nobody has called it in yet, I'll get pictures tomorrow or this weekend and call it in.

OMD
    OMD, I've seen it in passing, actually thought it was for sale like the Ford Ranger sitting at the mail shed. Was even going to stop and see how much they wanted for it, guess it's free lol. It looks to be a late 90's early 2000's Nissan Sentra (black).

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    "Throwin' fridges at people who need to chill."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PatDingee View Post
    thought it was for sale
    Oh, it be abandoned! I checked it out on my way to town. Kind of a strange way to abandon it, though. No effort to remove the VIN, and the registration was in plain view on the front seat. They left a mattress too. I'll post pic's in a little while.
    OMD

6. The Following User Says Thank You to oldmandave For This Useful Post:

c_and_j (07-18-2015)

Thanks

Default Abandoned Car @ Lower Clubhouse Drive Parking Area / DOH Gravel Dump

Abandoned Car @ Lower Clubhouse Drive Parking Area / DOH Gravel Dump

Here are the pic's. VIN # on the registration does not match the VIN # on the VIN plate

Attached Images Attached Images

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to oldmandave For This Useful Post:

ClearThunder (07-25-2015), c_and_j (07-18-2015), KatherineA (07-21-2015)

Thanks

Was LE notified?
    I think it only makes sense to seek out and identify structures of authority, hierarchy, and domination in every aspect of life, and to challenge them; unless a justification for them can be given, they are illegitimate, and should be dismantled, to increase the scope of human freedom.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Thomas For This Useful Post:

c_and_j (07-18-2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Was LE notified?
    If this is in reference to the abandoned car, yes, but it was by email along with the pictures above as well as the picture of the registration on the front seat and VIN plate and inspection sticker. This seems to be a pretty low priority and I kinda wanna see how the email route works out. If anyone disagrees with this, please call the non-emergency number (304 725 8484).
    OMD

12. The Following User Says Thank You to oldmandave For This Useful Post:

KatherineA (07-21-2015)

Thanks

Do they usually just impound cars like this? I wonder what it needs to be able to run/drive? Lol, yeah I need a car.

Thanks

Do they usually just impound cars like this?
    You know, I actually have no idea what the exact process is. I just assumed that it would be towed and the police would track down the last owner and take whatever action is appropriate. Maybe it will end up in auction.

I wonder what it needs to be able to run/drive?
    State Inspection! It expired in May.

OMD

OMd

15. The Following User Says Thank You to oldmandave For This Useful Post:

PatDingee (07-20-2015)

Thanks

Could we (Shannondale.org) sell it as junk and keep the money??

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cindylu For This Useful Post:

KatherineA (07-21-2015), PatDingee (07-20-2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cindylu View Post
    Could we (Shannondale.org) sell it as junk and keep the money??
    Or, ya know just let me have it...
    Have to track down some keys too though I reckon. OMD you know a guy?

Thanks

Not sure why, but some guy in a small gray car just stopped in front of my house on Lower Clubhouse and snapped a picture. Is this happening to anyone else?

Thanks

Or, ya know just let me have it...
    Have to track down some keys too though I reckon. OMD you know a guy?

Hey, go for it. If it's declared abandoned make sure it's paid off and no taxes are pending. Sell it and keep the cash for your troubles in removing it!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Globalreacher View Post
    Not sure why, but some guy in a small gray car just stopped in front of my house on Lower Clubhouse and snapped a picture. Is this happening to anyone else?
    You may want to search this site. This has happened recently but someone did respond they do this for a living. Believe they work for local government or something.

Thanks

Hey, go for it. If it's declared abandoned make sure it's paid off and no taxes are pending. Sell it and keep the cash for your troubles in removing it!!
    Too late!!!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to oldmandave For This Useful Post:

cindylu (07-23-2015)

Thanks

You may want to search this site. This has happened recently but someone did respond they do this for a living. Believe they work for local government or something.

This happened to me several years ago, only it was a lady in a car. She literally stopped and started snapping pictures of the house. I went over to her and asked her what she was doing. She introduced herself as a real estate agent and with a great look of indignation informed me she had every right to take the pictures I informed her with less charm that if she continued doing so, we would find out her rights vs mine. She left and never returned (at least I never saw her again, or anyone else participating in that type of photography). I don't advise going up to strangers taking pictures, but if you see them doing so, and you can, take their picture and notify the authorities and this site.

"Set me free" "There are two freedoms: The false where a man is free to do what he likes; and the true where a man is free to do what he ought." -Charles Kingsley

25. The Following User Says Thank You to ministerswife For This Useful Post:

Grannie (07-23-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,147 Times in 757 Posts

We try to approach/photograph everyone that is in our neighborhood.... no matter what they are doing.
    - The folks offended by it are most likely the folks that are up to no good (in my opinion).

That said, our random traffic/strange people problems have been greatly reduced over the years.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LFE View Post
    We try to approach/photograph everyone that is in our neighborhood.... no matter what they are doing.
    - The folks offended by it are most likely the folks that are up to no good (in my opinion).

That said, our random traffic/strange people problems have been greatly reduced over the years.
    Not necessarily LFE. I would be nervous that someone was staking out my home. Not that I have anything worth taking. But, most likely I'd take down the plate number and phone it in. But if you do take photographs from the street and aren't physically on the property then you're within your rights. If you are a realtor do you have a sign on your car door? Do you leave a business card? That could be the polite thing to do.

Thanks

This is the time of year when the people from the Assessor's Office will be making visits to properties. Often it's just like that -- they drive up, take a look, and on to the next place. They're supposed to "appraise" every property in the county on a three-year cycle, so unless they have reason to believe things are substantially different than last time they looked, the drive-by is all most properties get. I don't know if they typically take photos for that though.

When we reported that our home had been upgraded with central air I believe they actually came into the house (I think I was at work at the time and kkrapf answered) to verify the change.
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams

Thanks

Thanks to all for the input of the ninja photographer. It's helped put my fears at rest, though I'm grateful to have a dog as an alarm if someone was trying to stake out the place.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LFE View Post

Haha, when I first read this I thought you meant that you were going around taking pictures of the people in the neighborhood. I clarified for myself that you meant if you see them in your area you approach/photograph them.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to PatDingee For This Useful Post:

LFE (07-23-2015)