Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Red States vs. Blue States

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chutney Daftcraft View Post
    This needed to be shared here:

"Red States and Blue States"
    , sent to me by a friend in a Blue State on the eve of the election. My apologies to any friends in Red States who don't find it humorous.

Dear Red States:

We're ticked off at your Neanderthal attitudes and politics, so we've decided we're leaving.

We in New York, Mass and CA intend to form our own country and we're taking all the other Blue States with us. In case you aren't aware that includes Hawaii, Oregon, Washington, Md, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Vermont, the rest of the Northeast, and DC also.

We believe this split will be beneficial to the entire nation and especially to the people of our new country called "The Enlightened States of America" (E.S.A).

To sum up briefly:

You get Texas, Oklahoma, AZ and all the slave states.

We get stem cell research, the best beaches, and we'll take all of the creative gay people you don't want anyway.

We get Barack and Michelle, Bill & Hillary, Andrew Cuomo, Elizabeth Warren, and Dianne Feinstein. You get Bobby Jindal, Rick Perry and Todd Akin.

We get the Statue of Liberty. You get OpryLand.

We get Apple, Intel, Microsoft and all the smart technology. You get WorldCom, the Koch Bros, and all the coal/oil pollution.

We get Harvard, Yale, Columbia, UC, Stanford and Princeton. You get Ole' Miss.

We get Silicon Valley, NYC, San Fran, Seattle and 85 percent of America's venture capital and best entrepreneurs.

You get Alabama and Arkansas.

We get two-thirds of all the tax revenue. You get to make the red states pay their fair share.

Our aggregate divorce rate is 22 percent lower than the Christian Coalition states, so we get a bunch of happy families. You get a bunch of angry single moms and deadbeat dads.

With the Blue States in hand we will have firm control of 80% of the country's fresh water, more than 90% of the pineapple and lettuce, 92% of the nation's fresh fruit, 95% of America's quality wines (you can serve Ripple at your state dinners), 90% of the best cheese, 90 percent of the high tech industry, most of the US low sulfur coal, all the living redwoods, solar power, the Sequoias and condors, all the Seven Sister schools, plus Harvard, Yale, Stanford, UC, UCLA, Cal Tech and MIT.

With the Red States you will have to cope with 88% of all the obese Americans and their projected healthcare costs, 92% of all US mosquitoes, nearly 100% of the tornadoes, 90% of the hurricanes, 99% of all the Southern Baptists, virtually 100% of all televangelists, plus Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck, Bob Jones University, Clemson and the University of Georgia.

You get the 38% of those in the Red states who believe that the world was created in 7 days and that Jonah was actually swallowed by a whale, the 62% who are pro-life for fetuses but not for the kids who are actually born or their Moms, those who believe life is sacred unless we're discussing the death penalty or gun laws, the 44% who know that evolution is only a theory, the 53% who still believe that Saddam was part of 9/11 and had weapons of mass destruction, that Obama was born in Kenya, and the 61% of those crazy bastards who even believe they have higher morals than we do.

Sincerely,

A Citizen of the Enlightened States of America

Good Bye and good luck! Don't let the screen door hit ya in the ass on the way out!
    P.S. Western N.Y. ain't going with you they think y'all are bunch of nuts ,too.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BigTom For This Useful Post:

charliepff (11-12-2012)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I suppose the topic is veering, but speaking of maps, today "geographers at Floating Sheep created a map of which states sent the most racist post-election tweets.". I read the article at National Monitor http://natmonitor.com/2012/11/12/geo...ection-tweets/ . Oddly, they seem to have completely rewritten the article as it currently appears totally different from the version I read this morning. Or maybe I just read differently before my first cup of coffee.

Anyway, they used my idea - basically just a luminance map, which I think works lots better than the peculiar red-blue thing.

http://www.floatingsheep.org/2012/11...sponse-to.html

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I suppose the topic is veering, but speaking of maps, today "geographers at Floating Sheep created a map of which states sent the most racist post-election tweets.". I read the article at National Monitor http://natmonitor.com/2012/11/12/geo...ection-tweets/ . Oddly, they seem to have completely rewritten the article as it currently appears totally different from the version I read this morning. Or maybe I just read differently before my first cup of coffee.

Anyway, they used my idea - basically just a luminance map, which I think works lots better than the peculiar red-blue thing.

http://www.floatingsheep.org/2012/11...sponse-to.html

This map misrepresents. Seems to me I heard of a bunch of tweets before the election about rioting, etc. that would occur if Romney was elected that qualify as racist also. I admit this as an Obama voter.

Thanks

Racism would seem to be bound by our own process of classification.
    So long as classification by race continues, boundaries of "fairness" will continue along with it.
    - One day we might be classified and judged against each other as a single human race.
    - Or as George Carlin put it... we can just screw our way into a single race and leave politics out of it.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LFE For This Useful Post:

charliepff (11-13-2012), StickonFreeze (11-13-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shadowplay View Post
    This map misrepresents. Seems to me I heard of a bunch of tweets before the election about rioting, etc. that would occur if Romney was elected that qualify as racist also. I admit this as an Obama voter.
    You also had the Black Panthers standing outside of polling stations in Philly too.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I disagree that someone saying "Rioting will occur if Obama is reelected." is a racist statement. It's more of a prediction, albeit wrong. Besides, how would you count something like that? Not nearly as easy as counting the keywords they did to make the map.

I haven't heard anything about Black Panthers this time around. Do you have a link? Wasn't that whole story discredited a few years ago?

Thanks

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LFE For This Useful Post:

rooneymom (11-14-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I disagree that someone saying "Rioting will occur if Obama is reelected." is a racist statement. It's more of a prediction, albeit wrong. Besides, how would you count something like that? Not nearly as easy as counting the keywords they did to make the map.
    I believe the threats in question were from the inner cities threatening to riot if ROMNEY (not Obama) was elected. In today's hypersensitive environment this could be taken as a racist statement against Caucasians..... although it most likely would be discredited because racism against Caucasians is still deemed acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony
    I haven't heard anything about Black Panthers this time around. Do you have a link? Wasn't that whole story discredited a few years ago?
    Tony- There was a report on CNN about members of the Black Panther Party in Philadelphia intimidating voters at several precincts. One in particular was actually a poll worker and in full black panther wardrobe. This is unacceptable an if the same type of behavior were to happen in the south with a Skinhead or KKK member then Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, the New Black Panther party, Nation of Islam, ACORN, The Rainbow Coalition, NAACP, Nation of Domination, and The Rainbow Connection would all converge on those sites, host massive protests and demand billions of dollars in restitution and reparations.
    "BRIAN, Close the window! You're letting all the Stank out...." "Ahh, ahh, ahh and boom goes the dynamite."

DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS(It's not nice to pick on retards.)

01/20/2013

12. The Following User Says Thank You to derricksonb For This Useful Post:

charliepff (11-13-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,845 Times in 1,418 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by derricksonb View Post
    Tony- There was a report on CNN about members of the Black Panther Party in Philadelphia intimidating voters at several precincts. One in particular was actually a poll worker and in full black panther wardrobe.
    God bless the internet. It's provided a limitless source of information from which you can cherrypick information to validate any position in any argument. The Black Panther affair is a a great example of this dubious characteristic:
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...y-voting-site/
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2082423.html
    http://www.policymic.com/articles/18...lmed-the-video
    And on and on....
    Don't CLOWN around! Join us NOW and get involved in YOUR Blue Ridge Mountain Community!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Willis For This Useful Post:

charliepff (11-13-2012)

Thanks

A buddy of mine who travels a lot made an interesting observation about the election. Essentially, if you sit in traffic or wait for elevators, your area votes Democratic. If you know your neighbor's name and people hold the door open for you when you walk into a building with your hands full, your area votes Republican.
    Last edited by StickonFreeze; 11-13-2012 at 02:13 PM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StickonFreeze For This Useful Post:

charliepff (11-13-2012), scottwilliams33 (11-15-2012)

Thanks

This whole discussion is racist. Until people quit making race an issue all who participate are racists. I prefer to look at others with an open mind. My belief is that everyone else, other than me, is a dumb ass. That way I've treated everyone equally, there for I'm not a racist.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigTom For This Useful Post:

charliepff (11-13-2012), rooneymom (11-14-2012)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigTom View Post
    Until people quit making race an issue all who participate are racists.
    The problem with that theory is that it pre-supposes equality.

If everyone in Fantasyland is green, and nobody ever makes race an issue, that's great. Until a purple person comes in and finds they can't sit in front of the bus. Nobody but the purple person is raising race as an issue, but that doesn't make the purple person a racist. It makes all the green people racists, even though they never raise the issue.

Thanks

Is the issue of voting patterns per state (Red v Blue) really an issue about race? What about the voting patterns per county within those states or more importantly the individual precincts that decide major elections? Surely we have to transcend the issue of race when it comes to our elected officials and the key battleground states and counties as I am 100% positive that there are Caucasians living in Hamilton and Cuyahoga counties in Ohio just as I am sure that there are blacks and hispanics living in all counties of WV. The key issues of this election were the economy, jobs and healthcare- NOT RACE. Were there voters out there who voted based solely on supporting the guy who most looked like them? Sure, I'm not naive, but the fact of the matter is that 51% of American voters chose the incumbent as the best choice to guide us through the next four years and either bring us out of this recession or drive the bus over the fiscal cliff. All we can do now is sit back and enjoy the ride.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to derricksonb For This Useful Post:

charliepff (11-14-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by derricksonb View Post
    .....the fact of the matter is that 51% of American voters chose the incumbent as the best choice to guide us through the next four years and either bring us out of this recession or drive the bus over the fiscal cliff. All we can do now is sit back and enjoy the ride.
    Speaking of said Fiscal Cliff, it looks like Thelma and Louise have the top down, the pedal to the metal and are barreling towards one hell of an ending to this story.......

I am not very happy about the prospects of my taxes going up on 01JAN13 or sequestration on 02JAN13 because the Democrats keep moving the goal line every time the Republicans and Congressman Boehner bring an offer to the table. The simple fact of the matter is that there are two sides to this coin and only one party seems willing to present fair trade offs in order to increase revenues and reduce spending. The simple fact that this vote did not happen last night indicates to me that the House Republicans need to either a) Let the country as a whole go over the cliff and resume talks after Secretary of the Treasury Geithner freezes tax increases and interest rate increases for thirty days b) Let the Senate Democrats draft their own version of the legislation or c) Swing for the fences by meeting Obama with his demands for $1.3Trillion in tax hikes on the wealthiest 2% (I can agree with this), but counter with $2.4Trillion in spending cuts to entitlement programs over the same period.

It's time for Speaker Boehner and the rest of the House Republicans to do what we voted them into office to accomplish- Get the budget and deficit spending under control.