From the Sounds Disgusting File
But it's actually quite good and my kids *really* like it.
Peanut Butter & Bacon Spaghetti
8 oz spaghetti, uncooked
1 (10-oz) package frozen peas, thawed
6 slices bacon
? C chicken broth
? C milk
? C peanut butter
1 T soy sauce
? tsp sugar
about 2 C cubed cooked chicken, optional (see note above)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Put the water on for the noodles.
2. Assemble all ingredients, set the peas out to thaw (maybe still in their bag, in the sink, with some water running over them).
3. Chop the raw slices of bacon into small pieces and start cooking them in a small pan over medium heat. Stir them around periodically while you're cooking the rest of the dish. When they're done but before they are crisp-burnt, remove them to drain on paper towels. Set aside.
4. Meanwhile, combine the sauce ingredients (broth, milk, peanut butter, soy sauce and sugar) in a heavy saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
5. When the water boils, start cooking the noodles. 2 minutes before the noodles are done (according to the directions on the package), add the peas.
6. Continue to cook the sauce, stirring occasionally, while the noodles cook. Around the time you add the peas to the noodle pot, the sauce should start to thicken up (this takes about 10 minutes of cooking). Turn the heat down to very low and continue to stir occasionally until you're ready to serve.
7. Thoroughly drain the peas and the noodles. Return them to the pot, pour on the sauce, stir in the chicken (if desired), toss well. Top with the bacon, season with salt and pepper, serve.
Tags for this Thread